Mind if I sing the praises of spaghetti squash? I ask because I’m not the best cook and because I have no business singing. However, I’m feeling downright cheery over tonight’s dinner. The hardest part about preparing spaghetti squash is cutting the darn thing – lengthwise in half.
- Put the halves face down in a baking dish.
- Bake it with a bit of water in the bottom until soft.
- Let the spaghetti squash cool.
- Scoop out and toss the seeds.
- Scoop out and save the insides.
- Mix the insides with any thing you like.
- Reheat your masterpiece and serve.
My personal favorite things to mix with spaghetti squash are Greek olives, sundried tomatoes and feta. The feta is salty enough and the tomatoes sweet enough that I don’t add any seasoning. A vegetarian recipe that dirties no measuring spoons is enough to make me want to burst out in song. Try your own variation on the theme and tell me how it goes.